whats a good wholesaler and dropshipper for ebay?

anyone have any experience with a good wholesaler and dropshipper for ebay and or amazon? thanks

Babys-Mom

Asked by Babys-Mom at 1:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's difficult and you have to do your homework. Many of the big name dropshippers you hear about charge you start up fees and/or monthly fees such as DOBA, but look at YOUR cost for most of the items on those sites and you'll find HUNDREDS of ebayers selling them already for LESS than your cost!!!! There are a few true dropshippers that are decent, but again the problem is too many ebayers already use them, meaning your profit is TINY in order to be competitive.

Finding a wholesaler can be tricky as well, you need a DBA and TAX ID for that, and many have large minimum orders or large minimum quantities, and when you don't know if the item/s will actualy sell it can be a costly mistake.

I've used wholesalers and dropshippers for several things in the past, when I found some with good prices that wasn't flooded, but always my secret would be out and there would be dozens of others selling the same items....

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Honestly, as an eBay seller for the last 7 years my BEST advise is to not worry about wholesalers and dropshippers right now. Start by selling clothes your kids, yourself and hubby have outgrown, same with toys, collectibles, anything laying around you don't use anymore.

Then take that money you earn and use it to buy what you WANT to sell. I sell kids and baby clothes, but I'm branching out to mens and womens and accessories. But perhaps you love crafts, books, movies, collectibles, old records, purses, etc. etc. A variety works great as well, sell all those things if you want to.

But go to thrift stores, yard sales, consignment/rummage sales, clearance racks online and in stores and buy things to sell. I typicaly spend $1-$3 on a baby or kid outfit and sell it for $10-$25. I look for popular names like Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, Janie & Jack, Hanna Andersson, and I can go to Amvets and find 20 things in one trip
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• for about $25-$30 and list each piece in the $10-$25 range. I always use fixed price with best offer or store listings with best offer. And I do really well. I get to bargain hunt/shop which i LOVE doing, and I get to make money doing it. I typicaly make $100-$400 in profit a week, it does vary, but I do well enough to stay home, pay a couple bills and have my own spending money!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Check the CafeMom ebay group...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009