6th month and all of a sudden gaining like crazy!!!!!

I'm in my 6th month and just in the last few weeks I began to gain weight rapidly! Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to slow it down until I give birth? My Doctor told me that she would only like to see me gain 1 lb a week til the end. Is this possible?

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup that's when I started gaining like crazy too! And once I gained 7 lbs in ONE WEEK!!! And they didn't say anything, lol. I ended up gaining 65 lbs in my pregnancy...pretty much ALL water weight..lost 25 lbs within the first couple weeks after birth and lost the rest BF.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• they mean that as in you're supposed to gain a pound per week of pregnancy (eg, 40 lbs).... some women don't gain at all until the last few months so they pack on pretty quickly. you're fine, no worries =) (as long as you're eating healthy)
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 1:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am 30 weeks prego and about 3 weeks ago I started gaining like a pound every 3 days and I FREAKED OUT!! Then all of a sudden the weight gain stopped and I havent gained anything in a week.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I lost weight at the beginning bc of the morning sickness and I've only gained 3 lbs back but in the past two weeks I can tell Ive gained alot of weight and my belly popped out lol You usually start gaining more when your 6 months pregnant and on bc thats when they baby gains most of its weight.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Jaydin your reply makes me feel better. thank you so much.... hopefully soon the weight gain will slow down for me too... I am almost 30 weeks now...
    babyphillips210

Answer by babyphillips210 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009