Can't eat anything (week 24 of preg.)

I am in a tough spot. Regardless of what I eat or drink and the amounts of which I do, I always feel sick. It is similar to the nausea I felt during the first trimester- but much more intense and all encompasing. Any suggestions on what I can do to alleviate the symptoms (short of not eating). Thank you.

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 2:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well this is prob. considered eating but my doctor told me to suck on peppermints and lemon candies. Peppermint hot tea is also good. I also bought peppermint candles, just the smell of peppermint put my tummy at ease. Also ask you doctor for nausea medicine which is what I ended up having to do so I could eat and gain atleast a few pounds during my pregnancy. I took reglan which makes you hungry and takes away the nausea.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 2:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i went through the same thing. i swear i lived on gingerale and crackers for what felt like months! talk to your doctor, he may be able to help you ass far as the nausea goes (like PP said)...good luck to you, hope you feel better!
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 2:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I was sick for the entire 39 weeks of my last pregnancy, so I can definitely sympathize. I went through several different medications to see if anything helped (zantac, reglan, prevacid, etc). Anything with ginger in it - ginger snaps, ginger ale, etc will usually help a little. Eat whatever sounds good, whenever it sounds good, you need to keep your energy up. For some reason, either really cold (frosty from wendy's, fruit smoothies, etc) or really hot (chili, soup, etc) foods worked better for me, not sure why. Good luck, I hope it eases soon!

Answer by missanc at 2:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would be careful if you are really really sick. My friend was sick throughout her entire pregnancy and asked the Doctor about it, they told her it was average morning sickness. But she knew her own body better and diagnosed herself with a disease that makes her throwup more than the average pregnant person. I can't recall what it is called but she returned to the doctor so that he could confirm her diagnosis. He was able to give her some good medication so that she could gain the proper amount of weight without getting sick all the time. But she did get bad migraines with the medicine and caffiene helped that.
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 10:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2009