if you knew you were done having kids would you get your tubes tied?

im 20 right now but i want to have one more in 3-4 yrs and then i honestly don't want anymore

sweet.lil.mama

Asked by sweet.lil.mama at 2:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would. I thought I wanted 2 kids though, then I had my first and realized.... yeah, he's enough! Lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm giving myself 4 years to decide if I want another child, and then as far as I'm concerned they can take everything out!

But you're so young! I'm approaching 30, and I know in 4 years I'll start to hit the "dangerous" years for child bearing. I would wait until you're in your early to mid 30s to decide if you want your tubes tied.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 2:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I had my tubes tied after my first and only I'm a late bloomer ( was in my late 30's ) and did not want more then one......as there are the risks.

There is the off chance of still getting preggo after a tubal so remember that. I've known 4 people whom had a tubal and thank goodness all were OK and the baby was in the correct spot to grow. Tubal pregancies can be dangerous.
    Anonymous

• It is very expensive to get it reversed so it is up to you.
    Anonymous

• I thought I was done when I was 28 and had my 3rd. My OB wouldn't tie a woman's tubes under 30 because he said he'd had too many coming back to him in their 30s that decided they wanted "just one more" and reversing doesn't always work.
    I divorced my 1st husband (NEVER would have thought that would happen!) and remarried. I now have a one year old and am pregnant with our 2nd, my 5th. I am going to have my tubes tied after this one (I'll most likely be having a repeat Csection, so I'll be "open"), I'm now 36 and wouldn't be able to afford another one anyway.
    I don't know that I would have done it in my 20s even if my dr had been willing, things can change and often do.

Answer by missanc at 2:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Nope. I'm very fickle though and would probably change my mind about wanting more kids.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• no cuz what if i cahnege my mind. am only 22. am hoping not to have more but there is always a lil voice in the back of my mind.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yes, I did at age of 24. I had just had my third and knew we did not want anymore. I have not regretted the decision. I was also in a happy and stable marriage.
    Anonymous

• I think I will one day. I have the IUD right now though, and it gets the job done. I have 4.5 more years before I have to get it removed and get a new one inserted. I'm 21 and we have one daughter. We haven't decided if we want more kids or not. I'm sure we will one day, but right now I don't like thinking about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No, I would have hubby get snipped. Much safer procedure for all involved.
    Anonymous