I know that swelling in the legs and feet is quite normal during pregnancy but is it normal for it to just start to happen at 39 weeks?

let me know what you think??

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, normal :) Most women don't start to swell until the last few weeks, you got off lucky!

Now, if the swelling is very severe, is affecting your face and hands or if you're having any other symptoms of preeclampsia, see your doctor.

Congrats! Your'e almsot done :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Not to scare you it could very well be perfectly normal. My friend however started that and she went to the doctors and she had high blood pressure. so if your appointment isn't really soon maybe you should see if you can switch with an earlier time.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• OH YA LOL
    Honey I was swelled up bad at 39 ish weeks
    got even worse AFTER I had Genevieve LOL
    It is normal
    Gah girl you are almost there!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It is really normal but could indicate high blood pressure- it would be worth a quick check just to make sure your BP hasn't spiked suddenly. I was really swollen for the last two months or so, and then when I delivered I expected to see my skinny feet again and was so sad to see they were still like balloons! LOL! It took at least a week to ten days for my feet to look normal again.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I swelled up AFTER I had my son. I couldn't wear shoes. The same happened when my daughter had her twins. You would think a Mom expecting twins would be a swollen mess..LOL..but it didn't happen until later ,while she was in the hospital and when she got home. But your doctor will always check to make sure it is normal for you.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• it is normal... also remember that stress can raise your bp... so don't stress about it! :) A little higher bp isn't something to worry about either.
    Anonymous