Townhouses or Single Family Home which one is the best option? thank you for your advice

212lakay

Asked by 212lakay at 2:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It's really about lifestyle. One you are 100% responsible for all maintenance. The other you pay someone else to be 50% responsible for maintenance. You have the total privacy and rights to a yard in a home, not so in a townhome. It's a lifestyle choice.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• also in a townhouse you have a commonwall that you both share. So if you have a neighbor with surround sound and likes their movies and video games then you will have to listen to it. You have to be willing to have a quiet lifestyle. ohhh then there is dogs. I live in a townhouse and my neighbor has dogs, and teenagers that have parties
    Anonymous

• I guess if depends on what you like. For me personally I would not ever buy a townhouse, the major reasoning is you never know who will be your neighbor. Just the chance of them being messy, noisy, etc. is too close for comfort. I love being in a single home. Yes, you have neighbors but not right on top of each other.
    Anonymous

• my bro is a mortgage broker and he told me not to get a townhouse if i had a choice because its easier to sell a house than a townhouse because some of them are attached and some are a little smaller.
    Anonymous