Townhouses or Single Family Home which one is the best option? thank you for your advice

212lakay

Asked by 212lakay at 2:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's my personal preference to own a single family home. No worries about the loud neighbors on either side of you....hearing other peoples kids running up and down stairs or seemingly slamming into the walls drives you nuts. I like privacy and knowing my walls are my own and my own alone.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Single family home for the reasons the pp listed. Plus, I like doing whatever I want to the interior/exterior of my home.

Answer by missanc at 2:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You have to weigh the pros and cons of both. With the single family home, you have a lot more privacy, you won't be able to hear the neighbors and they can't hear you. In a townhome, you don't have lawn maintainance (usually).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Depends on how much work you want to do. I love my Condo no exterior maint except taking care of my plants. No painting, roof repairs , gardening.... No homeowners ins, Association Fees pays for that. Only ins on interior items. Its up to you. I LOVE MY CONDO>
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Single family home is the best option. There's privacy and having your own yard.
    Praise2

Answer by Praise2 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009