How do you know for sure if you have lost your mucus plug?

please help I am a first time mom and I am so anxious and don't know what is going on!!!! let me know please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never noticed when i lost it with my first,, as for mys eiocnd well is easy it look like a big bugger is gross and it can either come all at home time or a little each day. sometimes it has blood in it.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You have your baby! There is no way to know for sure if your discharge is your plug but you have to have lost your plug in order to deliver your baby! Does that make sense?

You will lose your plug over the course of anything from hours (during labor) to months, so just because you may be losing it now doesnt mean that labor is right around the corner
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It is a big snot looking thing. It can be clear, yellowish, greenish and tinged with blood. You would know it comes out when you wipe.
    I only lost it with my second baby, the other two times I never noticed it coming out.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You will lose your plug over the course of anything from hours (during labor) to months, so just because you may be losing it now doesnt mean that labor is right around the corner

tthast true. also the plug can rebuild itself,. with ds ilost my plug at 33 wks athen at 36 wks more came out i had him at 37
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009