Have any moms had problems with feeding?

When i feed my daughter, she sometimes (very often) lets me put the food in her mouth then she starts making "fart" sounds with her mouth and food goes all over the place. I have already told her "no" and she will either laugh or just turn away till the next time it happens. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. She is 11 months old.

TexasCindy

Asked by TexasCindy at 2:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its just a phase, my daughter was doing that constantly. It was so bad that I would have to give her a bath afterwards. Dont worry it wont last forever.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Have you tried small bits of table food that aren't runny enough for her to "spit" all over the place? Or let her self feed? At 11 months she should be able to feed herself small bits of food with her fingers, and starting to use a fork/spoon.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My daughter does this sometimes. I usually interpret it to mean she is done eating or not liking that food today (even if she loved it yesterday, lol). Sometimes I just take a break and give her a cheerio or two and then try the food again. I try not to make a big deal so she doesn't do it more to get a reaction.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• by 11 months she shouldn't need you to be spoon feeding her.

give her a spoon and fork.

Anonymous

• mine did that too. It's a neat feeling for them and they get a reaction out of you. It will pass though. All the kids at the day care did this, too, according to her teacher.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking that you'd say a 6-7 month old baby would be doing it - thats about the time they're really learning to have fun with food (so to speak)

let her have some independance. give her real food, and a fork and a spoon!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My son is 11 months old and it seems like when I feed him baby food he spits it out everywhere, so I just started to let him feed himself, like cooked diced carrots and peas, noodles, and little pieces of bread. He LOVES to feed himself...so no more gerber baby food for us.
    Jen5454

Answer by Jen5454 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Just relax. Your baby is playing and being cute.

Why does it bother you so much? Didn't you know having a baby would be messy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2009