Can I take proofs to a store like walmart, they can make copies of the picture right?

My son took pictures at school. I was going to order them but I waited too late. But I still have the proofs that they sent home for me to view. I can take them to a store and get them like that, can't I? I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not sure.

nikkiJ86

Asked by nikkiJ86 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No if they are professinall done then no you cant with out getting written consent from the photgraphy company
    Anonymous

• Nope, if they are from a studio you can't. It's illegal. Sorry
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sorry for the typos
    Anonymous

• Like the other posters said, if they are professional pics, they won't copy them.
    Anonymous

• Techinaly yes if you do it your self not asking for anyones help.....legally no its agaisn't the law! but I've done it!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• oh okay. I didn't know that. Thanks.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you go to the self service kiosk you can do it yourself, but it is illegal to take a professional's photographs and copy them yourself without permission.

Answer by missanc at 2:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Oh go ahead - they might not come out great if you have to enlarge it a lot.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My mother took my wedding proofs and got enlargements made for everyone and framed them. I never thought about the legalities of it, but they didn't come out really sharp.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• no you can't. I had a terrible wedding photographer and I didn't want to give him anymore of my money so i took some of the pics to walmart to see if I could get copies made for my family and they wouldn't do it. They said the photographer has rights to the pictures. If I wanted copies I had to get a written consent from the photographer. You should be able to contact the studio who did the school pictures though to get more copies or more pics
    angiewith2

Answer by angiewith2 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009