If the father of my child is doing illegal drugs, will the court drug test before granting visitations?

I will be having a baby soon, and the father was doing a great job at staying away, but has now decided to come back.... I know for a fact that he is doing drugs!! When he does it makes him unpredictable and tempermental, which I don't want around my child. So if I tell him he has to take me to court in order to see his baby will the court drug test him, if I tell them about my concerns??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you get a lawyer, they will make sure a drug test is ordered. Unfortunately, its possible that even if the test comes back positive that he'll be granted visitation you just have to fight for chaperoned visits... where he cant be alone with the child. But theres a chance that hell be denied. It all depends. The court system is a bitch! But if you dont get a lawyer make sure that you ask for a drug test when you get in front of that judge!! GL
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 2:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• A friend of mine in PA had a similar problem where her ex husband was on drugs and wanted to pick up the kids. The court did order a drug test, and he had supervised visits for a while until he got sober. Do you have an attorney you can consult?
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 2:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yes they will and depending on where you live he may not get visitation at all unless he can pass a drug test. and if the court itself isnt good enough there are always childrens services.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• oh and make sure you get child support from that loser! :D
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My cousin just went through this she payed the extra money to have him tested by hair not urine because he can clean out his system before he tests! Good Luck
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yes they will if you request it. The way they did it in my case was that I had to pay for it as long as the tests came back clean.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009