What should I do?

My daughter and my niece have birthdays that are one day apart. They were born in December (a very busy time of year!) and I am trying to figure out when to have my daughter's party. My sister is having her daughter's party on her actual birthday and I would like to do the same for my daughter since it is actually the only day in the near future that I don't have something going on. I mentioned this to her and she wasn't happy about the idea of having both parties on the same weekend. Should I try to move my plans around and find another day? Or is she being unreasonable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont think it matter too much either way. Do you want to go to 2 parties that weekend? If it is the only weekend you can have it easily then I would just do it on the actual day. If you can do it the weekend b4 or after then spread them out a little.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Why don't you and her work together?
    Anonymous

• How old are the girls? If they are old enough they probably would want to have their own party - especially if they do not share friends, schools etc. If they are little ones then maybe you should combine.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I agree with the above poster,combining parties would be fun and alot easier I would think.Perhaps you can both share in the costs of the party,I would talk to her and see what she thinks.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well, since she obviously knows you're likely to throw your daughter a party, then if she were interested in coordinating schedules, you'd think she would call you instead of expecting you to work around her plans. Plan your party for whenever you want to have it. Why should she get to dictate when you celebrate your daughter's birthday? It's probably hard enough to make sure your daughter feels special and has a real birthday that is not overshadowed by the holidays... she shouldn't have to compete with another special day...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We have 6 October bdays in my family. Since we are all hunters this is a problem so we all coordinate for one big bash and have small friends/family parties on the actual day so the kids still feel that their bday is observed and special.

mrs_mac3

Answer by mrs_mac3 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009