I am miserable!!! Did anyone else have the excessive spitting during pregnancy?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I swear I can't take this anymore. It started around the 7th or 8th week of pregnancy. I can't swallow it because it just makes me want to vomit. I barely even talk anymore because the spit just builds up in my mouth in like 5 seconds. Its also hard to sleep too because I am constantly waking up to spit in a jar next to my bed. I even resulted to sleep with a towel on my pillow. I just hate it so much because I commute to work on the train and sometimes I have to spit in a cup and people will look at me like they are disgusted, not knowing that this is something that I cannot control. I'm starting, actually I think I already started to become depressed. I just feel miserable and dehydrated all day long. Has anyone else gone through this?

a_star_forever

Asked by a_star_forever at 3:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, yeah it's one of the great things of being pregnant (jk). It's from all the hormones, it causes excess saliva. I used to hate it too but all you can really do is try and put up with it until it gets better. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I had this problem, too. It got so bad that I was actually choking on it when I would breathe in... It does pass. Not much to do about it that I know of, unfortunately!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• mine increased. I felt retarded when i talked. Try to keep water with you and just keep sipping on that... helps wash it all down.
    Anonymous

• oh and keep your mouth open. The air dries it out too LOL!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous