have any of you got high on nutmeg?

?????? if so how much did you eat/drink? How did you feel? How did you feel the next day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Last year i made some pie and it called for nutmeg and i spilled it and it almost immediately made me feel drunk. I felt dizzy and groggy for about 2 days afterward. I have no idea how much i breathed/ or got in my mouth cause it was everywhere but it had to be alot cuase i was finding remnants of the nutmeg all over my kitcehn for about a week!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 3:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I haven't, but my husband did when he was a stupid teenager. He had to eat 10 grams. That's then teaspoons. It's a lot. And he had to take it in powder form, one teaspoon at a time, and then wash it down with water or something, because nutmeg doesn't dissolve in water. He said he did it right before he went to bed a couple times and woke up high. He said he was high ALL DAY LONG, and that it was somewhere between being drunk and just starting to come down off of a marajuana high. He said he didn't like it because it lasted for so damn long. He couldn't pay attention in school and he spilled coffee all over his white t-shirt and didn't care, just walked around like that all day lol.

She said that it is nice in that it doesn't have a hangover effect, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Oh, the first poster made me remember something... he did mention that groggy feeling too. Like he just coulnd't quite wake up.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• NUTMEG GETS YOU HIGH????????????????
    Where in the hell have I been????????????
    Ohmygosh, I thought I had tried every drug out there in my teen years, never heard of nutmeg. Ok, I'm doing some nutmeg tomorrow-pumpkin pie or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009