Son acting out.

My six year olds first grade teacher told my my son was very rude to her the other day. He yelled at her and threw chairs. The teacher is handling it, but I'm stunned. He's never thrown anything in front of me. He has yelled, and he gets time outs for that, so he knows better. I'm guessing that he "lost it." But why? And what do I do?

thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you asked your son what is happening? Did he feel cornered? Is he having trouble with school work and getting frustrated? Did the teacher belittle him? Six year olds are just learning how to deal with emotions. Talk with your son and help him think of ways to help him with his emotions. The school has a social worker.......talk with the social worker and see what is available to help your son.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would ask for a meeting with the teacher and the school counsolor I know when my daughter started having troubles in school I called a meeting and we all sat down and figured out what was wrong with her.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 2:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2009