Any suggestions for an affordable and durable laptop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Technology

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12456201

im buying this one. theres a 17" in the store for the same price
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you just want one for goofing off online, not serious business related stuff, you can get a "netbook" for like $250-300. We got a 15" Dell Inspiron with Vista for $799 @ Wal-Mart, though. It ended up being close to $1000 after the extended warranty and other odds and ends.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 4:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• well..not even name brand is great in this genre... dell has actually been having some issues..but i love the small dell that qvc carrys once in a while it comes with a cover and its nice 400something.. and verizon has a netbook that is 200 and come with the internet and all you pay is like 60 a month for internet which is awsome..acer i think is doing pretty well and is the cheapest you can get i think ...they have a netbook at walmart for 300..so not bad at all either..so hope this helps..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I paid $600 for a top of the line MSI laptop at www.newegg.com. It came with Windows Vista or 7, entertainment package, bluetooth compatibility, multi-card slot reader, and other multiple functions that I'll probably never use, along with a 3 year warranty. I would never buy another HP, Compaq, Dell or Acer again.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The most important thing to remember when buying a new computer is not brand, but warranty.

A computer is only as good as it's warranty.

Warranty is where you NEVER want to scrimp.

Dell has the best warranty's in the business.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 7:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I love love love my Toshiba. I have a lot of friend who feel the same way about their Toshibas. I have a Dell desktop that is 9 years old and still going strong but I have heard that Dell has gone down hill big time.
    HP a DEFINITE NO NO. Even with the a receipt HP did everything in their power to not honor a their warranty. They "lost" the faxed receipt and never seemed to get the email of the receipt. UGH! Finally after a month of emailing and faxing the same receipt over and over they honored their warranty. My Mom had no such luck, she never got her warranty work done. A friend of mine had an HP thats motherboard failed three times in one year. She finally gave up and went with an Acer or Asus (one of them).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2009