How do you calculate you next cycle?

I am trying to calculate when my next cycle will start, but I am having trouble. I went to a few different websites and they said different things. One website told me that I should have started on the 9th of this month. I have read that you count 21-28 days from the last day of your last period, and I have read that you count 21-28 days from the first day of your last period. Which is right? I had my last cycle from Oct. 14-17, so I am totally confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You count 28 days from the first day of your last period.... So you should have started around the 11th of November.. A couple days ago, I would wait another 5 days and then take an HPT. Hope that helped!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• First day of your last period is what my doctor always went by.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• the thing with calculating your cycle that you have to remember is that not everyone is on a 28 day cycle. My cycle is on a 30 day cycle. The best way to do it is for the next few months mark down on your calender when your period starts and ends. Then you can go back and count from the beginning of your last cycle to the beginning of the next cycle. This is the best way for you to accurately know how long your personal cycle is!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009