Am I the only one with a kid who hardly eats?

My son is two and a half and barely eats anything at meals. Last night he didn't eat anything for dinner! I don't give him junk often and all our meals are pretty healthy. Is it just a phase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine is the same. I was told it's a phase we will see. He will eat when he is hungry. His stomach is only the size of his fist, so he doesn't have to eat much to get full. Just make sure he doesn't fill up on fluids.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• well I know my son has never really cared about food - we don't give him juice or candy ( my Dad does and he does go crazy for the m & m's he gives him ) but other than that, he will take a couple bites and be all done for hours and lately ( he just turned 2 last sunday, he won't eat dinner or a bedtime snack at all - does not want to at all!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My son goes in and out of that stage...the doc told me its perfectly normal. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 4:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My 15 month old is like that sometimes. Sometimes he'll eat 2 sandwiches at lunch at other times he takes a few bites and starts tossing the rest. He lets me knows when he's hungry and he eats however much (or little) he wants. He's gaining weight and growing perfectly so I'm not concered. You can't really force a toddler to sit and eat.
    Anonymous

• I'm not trying to force him to eat, I just don't get how he can barely eat or skip a meal. Thank you for your responses, first 3 posters.
    Anonymous