My broke ass...

Alright so literally there is just about no food in the house because my mom dosen't have alot of money and i was just wondering if you guys have any ideas for some good meals , and some meals that don't require meat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What do you have to work with?
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Pasta. Cheap, easy, and doesn't require meat in the sauce.

Bean soup! YUMMY. Dried beans are cheap and full of protien. Get the kind with the flavoring pack and you don't need meat to season.

Breakfast for dinnner. Eggs & pancakes.

Grilled cheese sammies and tomato soup.

I'm trying to think of things I fix during Lent...
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 4:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• im a rice person..i love making meals with rice.. and my kids love breakfast so if you got eggs... why dont you apply for food stamps or go to your local church and see if there is assistance that helps..some give meat... vegys are good..we like the eggplant parm with noodles but it would probably be about the same price as buying with meat....sorry..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• GO SEE IF YALL CAN GET FOOD STAMPS !
    Anonymous

• I went to the store got a bag of macaroni noodles, a jar of spaghetti sauce and a $1.99 pack of ground turkey....instant beeferoni. I fix it stove top and then put it in the oven in a pan to make it look like a dish. My family loved it. You can also try local food pantrys and the Angel Food Network has really cheap foods that help alot of families make it through the month.
    Anonymous

• u can get some 4 cheese scallop potatoes and a pack of hot dogs.
    chop up the hot dogs in bite sizze pieces and mix it all in a casserole dish.
    it is cheap. and is actually really good :)
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 9:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• dried beans and lentils are really cheap. send me a message offlist if you would like recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009