28$ hair cut....

How much tip?

bumblebeestingu

Asked by bumblebeestingu at 4:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would pay what you felt the stylist was worth. Take into account her attitude, technique, and overall job on your hair. 20% of the bill is $5.60 so I would round it up to $6, but $34 is such an odd amount to give that I would bring it up to $35. If she didn't treat you nicely or did a lousy job then you tip her less.
    I pay $25 for my hair cut and leave a $5 tip. I go to our local Master Cuts and they are so wonderful to me! A 73 year old lady did my hair once and she was so sweet! She even told me not to listen to sales pitches on buying salon products if I'm happy with what I'm using. I have such thick and heavy hair I kept asking her if her fingers were hurting....lol....she told me her fingers were fine, but she would need a stool to see the top of my head....lol. She got a wicked good tip from me that day. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would round it up to $35. Where do you live paying that much for just a haircut?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I always round to the nearest 5 increment, so that would be $35 ... if she's really good, go with $40 if you can swing it.

The $35 is about a 25% tip.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I live in FL...a friend suggested this lady and I said sure I'll try it...It's a shampoo, hair cut, blow-dry...not that that makes it any more reasonable...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• None! That's an expensive hair-cut, I pay $17 give a $20 and that's including the tip, I have really long hair too.
    Anonymous

• I would round it to $35 myself. I pay $30 but where I go they don't allow tipping so I don't pay any more than that.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you're willing to pay that much for a hair cut, let me do it. You don't even need to tip me.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• What's funny is that I know women who totally think NOTHING of paying upwards of $50 for a hair cut.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 5:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009