Separation agreement

My husband and I are working on a separation agreement right now and I am wondering (so everything gets done correctly) if there are any problems with us being in a different state than the state of marriage. Would it be any different or easier for me to take care of this when I get back to our state of marriage? If you happen to know this one too... how can we keep the military out of it (for the most part) so he does not get counseled as if he did something wrong? (they WILL do that)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• It isn't that expensive to have it done legally by a lawyer. If you are military, they have lawyers. Do it right so there is no problems later.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Im active duty, so is ex spouse. First the state your in is fine. The military WONT get councle him unless he brings his personal life to work. Such as not taking care of dependants finacialy, abuse ect. Otherwise your good. The military has a higher divource rate than the general population.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 2:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Wow. I can believe that the military has a higher divorce rate. Our divorce has nothing to do with the military though. he's only been in a year. We are struggling with the same problems as we have been the entire time. I'm glad to hear the military won't get in his business. Because I almost didn't want to go to their lawyers to get the separation agreement reviewed. We don't need them forcing us to do counseling or anything else before we can separate. Thank you for the answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2009