35 weeks...still no sono?

the last time I had a Sono was when we found out it was a girl. I would like to get some recent of her... The doc has not said a word about offering the 3-D or anything. I go back this coming Tues.. should I just ask to get one? Or do you think they will do one soon enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In a typical pregnancy with no complications you only get one ultrasound. And many Obs don't have the 3d/4d u/s machines, if you aren't lucky enough to have an OB with one you have to go to a 4d office and pay for it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Also if you're on medicaid they will only pay for the "medically necessary" sono's and like Mom2jack said in a typical healthy pregnancy that is only one.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• darn it. i just want to see her again LOL! just reg ole sono way.
    Anonymous

• My doctor never offered any Ultrasounds besides at 20 weeks when you can find out the sex. If you want anything extra, I would assume you would have to ask. I also heard that your insurance won't help out with anything extra, because it wasn't "needed". I would just ask if you can get the 3-D one done, if that's what you are wanting. Hope that helped!
    MommyHannah

Answer by MommyHannah at 4:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I know at my doctor right around 35 weeks I got another sono for them to check the babies weight and things like that. but it is routine for my doctor to do one at the first appointment, again to find out the seex (which we didnt want to know the sex but we still got the sono) and then again towards the end to check the size. So its worth asking about
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My midwife told me she doesn't do third trimester ultrasounds unless theres a problem. Its disappointing I know... We were really looking forward to being able to see her again to get an idea of how big she is.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I had an on at 37 weeks...but i had wieght gain problems(cuz of medical reasons) and they were checking the my sons wieght.. they wouldn't have normally. Good thing they did, my fluid was low(actually nonexistent...but they didn't know that at first) i went straight from dr's office to the hospital to get induced...
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• nah it's just a waste of money, whether it's your money or not.
    Anonymous

• Why would you have another u/s?? During a healthy pregnancy there is usually just one done around 18-20 weeks for the anatomy scan. If you did not know your LMP, they might have done one at your first appt also. There is no medical reasoning for having another u/s done this late in your pregnancy
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The last time I got one was when they did the anatomy screening, I was 24 weeks. I'm getting one next week now to check fluid levels & the baby's size next week when I'll be 40w3d.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009