How do you bring up being submissive in a new relationship?

I always wanted to be submissive to my ex and he was into it but only if I brought it up. When I find someone else I want it to be more natural. But how and when should I bring it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Most people in a new relationship talk about sex. You make little comments about it, you hint and be coy with each other. Just kinda talk about it a little more explicitly, you know?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I always figured the guy just took the dominance and submissive women let them.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Jess, sometimes they do. But some men are submissive. In which case, you either learn to take turns or you don't go there lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I know how you feel - My DH was originally submissive, and I am very submissive... Made for some pretty weak and un-exciting sex (Me - "What do you want?" Him - "Whatever you want." Me - "But I want to do what YOU want to do." Him - "I want you to tell me what you want..." and so on. Got a bit OLD after awhile!) But over the years (7 of them) I've slowly eased him into a more dominant role, and now he LOVES it
    Anonymous

• When you meet guys bring up the subject. I was always the dominant one and told guys up front that when we met. Then I met SO and he was having none of that! So now I'm submissive with him. Communication is the key

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am a submissive wife. I would not bring it up until you knew you could trust him. After all one of the key things in a relationship is trust, a guy I just met I would not trust for anything.it is earned.
    lilmaiyagirl

Answer by lilmaiyagirl at 7:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2009