Are there car seat laws for every state? What about for horse & buggies?

I'm curious on car seat laws? Different per state? Or for all states manatory? How about for the family's that only drive horse & buggies? They don't use infant or car seats. Are they exempt?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Travel

• I had never thought of that, and I don't know anyone who rides horse and buggies. But they probably don't have to use car seats, because I would assume they don't have seat belts.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Amish use horses and buggies. I don't know if they use car seats or not. I don't recall seeing any in any buggies. All states require car seats for motor vehicles.
    Anonymous

• I dont' believe Amish/Menonite are requried to use carseats when traveling with their children. I grew up in Amish country in La Grange and Middlebury, Indiana and most all Amish don't use carseats. The only carseats I've seen being used are for infants, and not all use them for the infants either. All states require carseats in motor vehicles. If you're traveling to/through specific states, then go to that state website and search for their Carseat laws. In Michigan all children must be in a rear facing carseat until 1 year old. All children must be in a toddler carseat or booster seat until they're 8years or 4'9.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009