Pagan Personal Growth and/or Inspiration Books??

I am involved with a group of women online that have been working to put together a group/blog full of daily inspirations, personal growth and other things that are means to help everyone just be more positive in their lives.

Seeing as how I am the only "Pagan" in the group I am looking to come at things from that angle. I feel that my beliefs and the things that make me positive or that inspire me are going to affect people differently from what the others bring simply because I see things differently. So, different angles is a good thing, in my opinion. However, I myself need to work on positivity in my life.

So, I was wondering are there any books, sites or whatever that come at the issues of Personal Growth, Inspiration or just general Positivity from a Pagan's point of view?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Try this site, they have great books for sale. http://www.llewellyn.com

Also, http://www.pagannews.com is good. It loads really slow sometimes, though.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Some great inspirational books (though not necessarily pagan, per se) are the ones by Don Miguel Ruiz. The Four Agreements, The Mastery of Love, and Beyond Fear: The Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy are the ones I've read, and they're fantastic.

The Four Agreements was his first work, and basically outlines some "truths" to make your life a lot less dramatic. They are 1) Be impeccable with your word; 2) Don't take anything personally; 3) Don't make assumptions; and 4) Always do your best. Fantastic stuff, and it doesn't matter what your path is (he was raised and educated in the Toltec shamanic tradition), you can still apply it.

Another great author is Louise Hay. Many of her writings are simply affirmations to bring health and wholeness into your life. I love her Heal Your Life from A-Z, which looks at potential spiritual issues behind our illnesses. You Can Heal Your Life is also very popular.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 5:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• 365 Goddess

A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would not say it was "pagan" but I like the little movies on www.simpletruths.com
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My favorite Pagan website is www.witchescakle.com. I find inspiration there ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I have a Book of Celtic Devotionals (I think that is the title, I don't have it at hand) it is Pagan in nature & filled with poetic inspirationals, exercises, etc. that are mostly just nicely put things to think about. It is not geared towards improving your positivity, but I find the beauty of the words & the beauty of the things being said are uplifting.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009