Do I have the right to be offended/hurt by familiy rejection

Me and my family all have Facebook. My niece has a son the same age as my son. She invites everyone to her kids bday party buy writting on their walls...except she doesn't send me and invite. It just hurts and makes me mad because my son is 5, has cousins his age but has never been to any birthday parties.
One year I tried to have a party for my son and everybody had an excuse to not be there so we don't have parties anymore......This family is just too self serving and hurtful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. You do. In fact, I'd write off the family.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'd be a little suspices as to what was going on.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 5:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• That's sad, I hate that for you and your son, I'd plainly ask her what her problem is with you and why she decides to not include you and your son, and takes it to the level she does.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• OP~
    I know I should but I don't know what hurts more hanging on or letting go
    Anonymous

• Hanging on hurts worse. I let my in laws treat me like crap for 3 years. I finally said BS, I'm not doing this anymore. I told my husband he was more than free to visit his parents when he wished. I also told him he could take the kids to visit. I also told him I would not go and I haven't. After we had been married about 10 years they decided we might just make it and started being all kissey face.. Nope, you lose. You had your chance. My husband went once. He speaks to them infrequently on the phone but never visits. They made their choice they have to live with the repercussions.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You have the right to feel however you want. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'd feel hurt, as well. I have a cousin who no one knew about. Her Mom gave her up for adoption, and low and behold they found each other. I had been going to school with this girl since junior high. She won't accept my friend invites on myspace, let alone try to get to know me or my sister at all as cousins. I'd be hurt, but I'd also do like the PP said...don't get caught up in their petty b.s. They are the ones missing out.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009