Favorite Recipie?

What is your favorite recipie and would you like to share it?

Beverely

Asked by Beverely at 7:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I like a dessert called blue berry treat. You add ingredients as you like, I do not have measurements. But its simple. Mix about 3 cups of all purpose flour with melted butter. as much butter as it takes to make the flour like cookie dough soft. add 1/2 to 3/4 cups of chopped pecans. Press the mixture into the bottom of a pyrex baking dish. (Glass dishes work better) Let bake until brown. For the filling you add 16 oz. cool whip (not whipped cream), 1 tsp of vanilla, 2 pkgs of cream cheese, and powdered sugar to taste. Mix well with a blender. when crust cools spread cream cheese mixture on top. spread a can of blueberry pie filling on the cream cheese mixture. let chill ( tastes best cold.) If you want to get fancy, add a dollop of the cream chesse mixture on sections of the blueberry pie filling and put a pecan half in the middle of each dollop. Serve and enjoy.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I also like mandarin orange chicken. I thre this together myself. Bake some chicken covered in green peppers, onions, salt, black pepper, and mandarin orange juice. OMG you talking about good stuff.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• The one I get compliments on all the time is my recipe for buttercream frosting. Funny it came right off the back of Domino's Powdered sugar bag. lol!! Turns out best if you use real butter.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Banana Bread
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter
    2 cups sugar
    2 large eggs
    2 cups mashed banana (about 5-6)
    1 teaspoon vanilla or rum flavoring
    1 cup chopped nuts (I usually use pecans, but macadamia nuts are really good)
    Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two loaf pans. In medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add nuts. Set aside. In large microwave bowl, melt butter. Add sugar and beat, using electric mixer, till well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add bananas and vanilla or rum flavoring, and mix well. Fold in flour mixture and nuts; blend just until flour is moist. Divide batter evenly between the two pans. Bake 45 minutes or until center of loaf is firm and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
    I have changed this recipe over the years until I got it just the way I wanted it. Quick and
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• www.kraftfoods.com and I also found this really awesome site menus4moms. I don't subscribe I just print off her recipes...she has some good ones!
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 3:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'm not a very good baker, so I love this easy recipe for banana bread, especially the chocolate and white chocolate chips! It also freezes and travels really well!

ld98

Answer by ld98 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2008