question about placentas???

my nurse called and said my doctor wants to put me on non-stress test because the baby looks big and it looks like my placenta is getting OLD??? have ne of you herd of this or know what it is??? and what do they do? do they induce you or what?

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 5:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it means ur placanta snt working properly and most likely the will induce
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• As for the Non-stress tests. . .My Doc had me doing those. .. I went into the office (bring a book) they hooked me up to the monitor (measures contractions and heartbeat) and had me click a buzzer every time the baby moved (shoot for 10 in an hour) They watch the increase and decrease in the baby's heart rate (it should go up during the movement and then back to "normal"). Mostly it tests the health of the baby and how it is responding to stress. I would suggest having a light snack and some juice about 10 or 15 minutes before your non-stress test so the baby is good and sugared up and moves a lot. . .

As for what they do about an "old" placenta I have no clue sorry I can't help there
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• When you placenta looks Old or is getting old it can mean that it will stop nurishing your baby properly
    which is the reason most women arent allowed to go over 42weeks
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 10:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009