chicken noodle soup please advice

On another answer i decided to make chicken noodle soup, so the slighty defroested chicken breast i have is now in a big pot of water with one can of chicken broth to make the broth and cook the chicken. I only have rice not any noodles, however i have thyme and dill weed like i saw on a recipe website. Do i need that stuff? After my chicken cooks and i cut it, whats my next step ? I also have celery and carrots remeber i only have rice no egg noodles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So it's chicken soup with rice. (Which is the title of a neat little book by Maurice Sendak, as I recall.)

Here's a recipe I found...you can certainly adapt it. http://localfoods.about.com/od/soups/r/chicksouprice.htm

Answer by gdiamante at 5:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am just confused if i mixed the rice with it or cook it separately and keep it separate like when i put the leftovers away? so im cooking just the chicken right now, then i will sliceit and put it back in broth, then i know i mix the veggies and spices, wait till they are cooked..then cook the rice seperate and mix in the bowl?
    Anonymous

• saute carrots, celery onions in pan. add broth, then the chicken pieces. if you cook the chicken too much it will be all stringy and yucky.

if you add rice precook it first.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You can make chicken soup with rice just as you would with noodles. It will actually be more comfy because the rice thickens and becomes fat with the flavor of the broth.....yum! I never did add dill weed, so I don't know how that will taste. I've always just used a little salt and pepper. I also added diced onions to my chicken soup. I bet your home will smell so yummy!!!

By the way, Chicken Soup With Rice is an awesome set of poems for all the months of the year. Here is this month's poem:

In November
    Gusty gale
    I will flop
    My flippy tail
    and spout hot soup.
    I'll be a whale!
    Spouting once,
    Spouting twice,
    Spouting chicken soup
    With rice!

Enjoy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Dill weed? In the soup? YUCK! Chicken and rice soup is good---add your carrots, onion and a little celery is good too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2009