Do you and your DH/SO sleep apart if you're really ill?

Just curious.. If you or your DH/SO sleep apart if you're ill?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband was diagnosed with the flu on Monday, and I've been sleeping in the guest room since then. His Dr told him that we should sleep in separate rooms, but I didn't want to.
    Anonymous

• Actually ill or not we sleep apart and still SO much in love. We just sleep better without each other - we both snore and toss and turn and he has sleep apnia..ugh.. but when he is sick, he stays in the room away from our son til he is not contagious unless our son is not around and I've had the chance to sanitize him! lol;!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• sometimes. he has bad asthma so ends up on the couch propped up with pillows.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• my husband seems to get colds and the flu easily and for a long time. so whenever im sick or vice versa we sleep seperately. I hate to get him sick and see him suffer 2x as long as I am.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No way! We TRY not to kiss (and fail constantly), but that's it.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No, we always sleep together. We don't have an extra bedroom.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We sleep apart all the time because we are to annoying to sleep with. Both snore both toss and turn.
    Sometimes you have to sleep apart to stay married, lol
    My 1st husband though when we would be sick we would still sleep together....That was the only place we got along was in bed....ahhh the irony of life
    Anonymous

• Never no way no how lol. we both only had colds, flus, sneezing, coughing, sore throats and fevers since we been together for 6 years. we still sleep in the same bed we just dont sneeze on each others faces or cough
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes we do sleep apart quite regularly, ill or not. He has a lot of trouble sleeping. Generally he falls asleep around 9 p.m. I don't usually go to sleep until midnight. By then, he is awake and cannot sleep, so he goes in the living room or playroom and reads or goes online for several hours. When I get up at 5 a.m. with our son, he is sleeping again. If he is sick, he stays in a different part of the house from the time he starts to feel sick until after several days of full blown symptoms.
    Anonymous

• The last time my husband was really sick we did. He was worried about giving it to me and then in turn the kids. He usually gets sick first as he catches it from co-workers.
    Anonymous