Why are there so many angry women on here?

I came here to chat with women about normal everyday life and have found anger, bullying and comments that are unproductive and definately not helpful. I am sad that our society is so intolerant and rude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• cause its cafewitch!
    Anonymous

• I noticed that too. I recently asked a question on one of the boards, and instead of getting some good advice, I got criticism on how I'm raising my children. I was really appalled at the answers and surprised that this site was like that. Perhaps we should consider going somewhere else from now on.
    KellyMac5407

Answer by KellyMac5407 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Or Smack Down on the World Wide Web!
    Coffeemomto5

Answer by Coffeemomto5 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ok. The smack down thing was my humor, but yes, I have thought about not coming back. In fact today is the first day I've been here in months. I have been using facebook it has been a nice outlet to chat with people you can trust.
    Coffeemomto5

Answer by Coffeemomto5 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• CafeMom is here for all moms to come and let it all out, as well as have fun. Ignore what you don't like.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Cafewitch!!!! lol

Just stick around, you will find a good group.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• maybe you need to find some different kinds of groups, I am a member of like 80 groups and I really don't see "angry" women. I see women passionate about what they believe in and that have strong opinions, but I don't confuse that with anger. (did I come off as angry? just wondering)
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 7:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I wonder that same thing myself. Sometimes I think that the women on here just need a place to let out their rage and others get in the cross fire.

I still dont understand why some are so catty, but I swear they only do it b/c they probably dont have the guts to bash, and degrade in person.

However, if you look around, you will find some genuine ladies that offer great advise, a listening ear, and helpful personal experiences.

But be careful, keep up that honesty and curiosity and you may become a target.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009