Fact Check: Palin's book...Are you surprised?

WASHINGTON – Sarah Palin's new book reprises familiar claims from the 2008 presidential campaign that haven't become any truer over time. Ignoring substantial parts of her record if not the facts, she depicts herself as a frugal traveler on the taxpayer's dime, a reformer without ties to powerful interests and a politician roguishly indifferent to high ambition.

Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush — a package she seemed to support at the time.

A look at some of her statements in "Going Rogue," obtained by The Associated Press in advance of its release Tuesday:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_el_pr/us_palin_book_fact_check

Read the article--any surprises? Once a fabricating liar, always a fabricating liar.

PsWifey

Asked by PsWifey at 5:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The book is already discounted to $5. I might get it for all the photos, to keep for when my kids grow up to give them a good laugh. No, I wouldn't do that to my daughters. This was a shameful moment in American History. A cute but brainless bimbo was used to sway women's votes. Shameful. There really are worthwhile women! We don't have to look cutsie pie, we just have to be competent.
    Anonymous

• People will ALWAYS see what they want to see. Many folks still believe that Sarah Palin said things which were actually said by Tina Fey POSING as Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.

The Associated Press has proven itself to be an enthusiastic member of the gov't-run media. If they see her as a threat to the progressive agenda for America, then they will continue to highlight her flaws and cover up her strengths.

The only surprise will be if the general public wakes up and realizes how similar they are to folks behind the Iron Curtain for all those years who had no clue that the Soviet media were manipulating them.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I can't comment until I have read the book. I don't trust the media cliff notes version.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Nope, not even a little surprised. Palin is no different than any other politician, most concerned about gaining and keeping power.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Agree I will get the book soon and see for myself what is within
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Once a shameless defensive obamabot, always a shameless defensive obamabot.
    Anonymous

• Well, thanks for the review, but I never had any intention of reading her book.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

Once a ignorant hick Palin supporter always a ignorant hick Palin supporter
    Anonymous

• Not a Palin supporter, but whatever get's your panties in a twist.
    So you are saying it's okay for OP to make slams on someone they disagree with, but not for the rest of us? Something tells me that anon :11 is the OP.
    Anonymous

• voting                     P  A  L  I  N   IN   2  0  1  2 !

Anonymous