Have you ever been betrayed by a friend? What did they do?

I just wanna know if it's only me who attracts the bad apples of friendship..I've been betrayed too many times to count!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 5:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup, I have. Almost 2 years ago, a friend loaned me $700 to help pay for my rent. I told her I would pay her back as soon as I could. With a child and unable to find a decent job, it took longer then expected. At any rate, I kept telling her that I was going to pay her back and she kept saying "don't worry about it, you'll pay me back when you can". Mind you, this is a friend I've had for almost 10 years. And I had just gotten out of a very abusive marriage. One day my phone rings, and would you believe it was the Judge Mathis show. She sued me for the money. Which is fine I guess, although it's not like I was avoiding paying her. But the fact that she didn't call or anything and I find out that way. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. She had done other sneaky things, but that was the final hoorah. And yes, i was on judge mathis! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• shit yes i have by 3 people and each one will take a day to explain.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 5:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I hear ya, aeroslove..one of the many stories I have would take a novel to tell! It sucks, and I'm sorry you've dealt with it, too.

And TheDiva - holy crap, that's insane! You'd think a friend, especially one you've had for so long, would be more understanding. But hey, I bet being on Judge Mathis was interesting, huh? lol.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 6:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Cliche as it may be, I had a friend in college who I thought was a very good friend, then she turned around and slept with my boyfriend at the time. In the end I was way better off without either of them - but it hurt a lot at the time.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Only once. My best friend kept telling me I could do better and get a man who would treat me like gold and my boyfriend wasn't what I wanted. On and on and on. I did break up with the boyfriend and moved on and then people were telling me she was living with the guy. That's what she wanted all along, was to have my man. It didn't last more than a month. Then he wanted me back. To this day when I hear someone promise the man of their dreams is out there if they leave their guy, I freeze up.
    Anonymous

• I have two female friends. My sister and my cousin. I have had more, but it always ends with them not being there for me. I'm always the one to listen to their problems, but they're too busy for me. I stopped being friends with a girl years ago because she never followed through. She constantly made plans and never showed up or called. Then there was something that happened to me back in 2002. She didn't ask me what happened, she made assumptions. Then she made comments to the police that were detrimental to my case. My cousin is my friend but she's dingy and random. I talked to her every week when I was planning her wedding. (She had no opinion on anything) Now I go months without hearing from her. I'm a SAHM, I have no plans, so its not like I am ever unreachable. I hate not being called back.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if you wanna call it betrayed by a friend but I guess you guys can judge for yourselves.
    My friend has gotten into my email/messenger twice!!! The first time I let it slip because it was way back in the day when everyone had AOL. We shared accounts and there wasn't much I could do about it... a few years later, I was using Yahoo messenger at her house and I kept my password stored (because I trusted her) I was talking to an ex on there, things were going rough with my fiancee at the time and I said a few things to my ex that I shouldn't have. So I logged out and went home (didn't even think to unstore password ) and she got back on my name to snoop. She almost ruined my relationship with that guy! Doesn't matter now he's with someone else and married. Then recently talking to this same guy, he got a picture of my youngest son and won't tell me where he got it from.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• but she was the only connection between his myspace and mine. I have to admit that I have done a few nasty things in my life to her but I was dealing with a lot of stress that contributed to it.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Not by a friend, but by two of my brothers. We were all torn apart in our childhood after the death of our mom and 4 y/o brother so we never got to grow up together and be close. Anyhow, I tried to remain in contact with them when we became adults, but one of my brothers would never answer me or acknowledge me. I found one of my other brothers after years of not knowing where he was and he was all excited to hear from me and wanted to become reacquainted again. He told me that he and our other brother used to do things together, but he turned into an ass and then he started telling me crap about him. Well, I wrote a letter to my Grammy about something he said and she got mad at me. It was all a lie and it turns out that my brothers were playing me along trying to drive me further away from anyone else in the family. They are sick and I am extremely hurt. Our mom would have kicked their butts if she were here today.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, i had a friend in High School who i had been friends with since 3rd grade tell everyone in school and my long time boyfriend that i slept with her boyfriend! I had been with my boyfriend for 5 years and was planning on marrying him so there was no way i would ever cheat on him. I have no idea where she got that from but we haven't talked since that day 8 years ago.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009