What would you do about a neighbors annoying dog that barks ALL the time?

We live in an apartment in the middle one and one of our neighbors has a dog that barks ALL the time. I work 8-5 and he barks the entire time I get ready for work and then from the time I get home til about 9-9:30pm. I've said something to them 3 times and all she does is take him back in the house for the rest of that day and then the next day its the same old thing. Landlord wont do anything about it and I'm almost to the point where I want to do bad things to the little "you know what" bc I have to turn my tv up loud just to try and drown him out. It's not barking every few minutes....its every 5 seconds...bark...bark...bark...Ahhhh! What can I do to get him to shut up? I dont want to be mean but Im almost to the point where I feel like I have to be to get my point across. And I'm pregnant so this crap isnt gonna fly with me when the dog barking wakes my baby up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Ish, that's hard... we used to live below STOMPERS and it drove me CRAZY... good luck! there's not a whole lot the owner can actually do to make her dog stop barking though, you know?> they have collars that spray water i know...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• call the cops
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ugh! i'm so glad I don't live in an apartment anymore. My college days were the worst! Landlords don't care as long as everyone is paying rent, the cops aren't going to do anything so you are going to need to move. That's the only answer unless you feed the dog something poisonous.
    Anonymous

• I would print this out from this site and put it under their door http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751019&lmdn=Dog+Training+Aids

If you have a place outside that you can put this you might try it. It looks like a bird house and it does a decent job
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3006736&lmdn=Dog+Training+Aids

If this does not work i would call the cops your land lord should be doing something about this. Start keeping a notebook and write it down so that you have something to show them.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If talking to them or the management doesn't work, then call animal control.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• rat posioning!!! but of course that is animal abuse and i am a animal lover :). i would talk to the landlord
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Every time you hear the dog bark turn up your radio or something to FULL volume. Put it up against their wall!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ugh, I feel your pain, I have a dog like that in the yard behind ours... Except those owners don't even bother putting their dog inside, it's outside 24/7. I feel bad for the dog, to be honest. And I don't think anybody should EVER try to poison or do something to the animal, it's not their fault... Not implying you would, by the way.... It's twice as annoying because I have two dogs myself, and whenever they go nuts barking at a squirrel or whatever, I bring them inside. They also sleep inside at night so they don't wake people up. Dogs will bark at squirrels, pigeons etc, not much you can do to stop that. But if the dog barks non-stop like that, it's probably because it doesn't get enough exercise and is bored/getting neurotic.

Personally, I'd call animal control. I haven't done that yet because I REALLY don't want the dog to end up euthanized because of something I did, but yeah...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Go out, come back, and slam the door hard - repeat various hours, all times of the day, 100 times.
    Anonymous

• Try talking to the landlord or try the birdhouse as the pp mentioned. The birdhouse thing works.
    I know it's frustrating, but you knew you were moving into a dog friendly place when you moved in. Dogs bark. My neighbors are have extremely loud children, but living in a townhouse or apartment is like that. More than likely your baby will be used to the sound from hearing it while you're pregnant and if it's a problem you can always use a white noise machine. It's best to do that anyway because you're not going to want the baby to get use to silence anyway. There are always going to be noise in your apartment or if you have the baby sleep somewhere else.
    Congrats on the pregnancy! : )
    Anonymous