can you be pregnant and still have negative tests?

I started my period but its lasting a lot longer than usual.
Its really chunky not to be gross or anything.
I was loosing weight and now I am getting a gut that looks like a preggo belly.
Im constipated, irratable, tired all the time, and My tests keep coming back negative.
Im so confused.

BayB

Asked by BayB at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep. I got pregnant with my first and had 2 neg tests and 2 inconclusive. Had to get the dr to give me one.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If your tests keep coming back negative, you need to go see your doctor.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• what could cause a test to be neg?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I got 2 negative tests and I was 4 months pregnant
    lilmacmama20

Answer by lilmacmama20 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I got negative tests until I was 3 months along, didn't know I was preggo until I went to the dr and they did a blood test.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you are pregnant. Even if you had a miscarriage and conceived within the past month, your period probably would not be that different. You also would not be getting a belly. If you are constipated, it is possible that you are compacted, which can actually give you a slight belly. But if you are bleeding AND have a negative test...I'd say more than likely not. If it were one or the other then I'd say maybe...but it doesn't happen often enough for you to assume so.
    Anonymous

• A few things can make the test come back neg. 1) you took the test incorrectly 2) the urine is dilluted too much, morning is the best time 3) it is too early 4) some people have lower levels of the pregnacy hormone and may need a blood test to confirm pregnancy.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you're on you're period it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant. Yes, some women do still get their period and are pregnant, but that is actually rare. If you have a period and are getting negative tests, then you're not pregnant.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yes it happened to me
    lilmacmama20

Answer by lilmacmama20 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010