Does this NOT bother anyone else?

I was out with married friends this morning, and the guy was doing the typical guy thing, looking at all the women around us (not being obvious and not saying a word about it). Another couple were with us (I was the only single since Hubby's in Afghanistan) and she asked if it bothered his wife that he looked like that. Her comment was, "He's married, not dead. I don't mind him "window shopping" as long as he doesn't try anything on. I know it's ME he's going to be looking at at the end of the day, and I know it's ME he wants at the end of the day. I "window shop", too." It sounded perfectly reasonable to me, hell, I know my husband looks, but I also know he's 100% loyal, too. The other wife got so offended, she left. Her husband didn't see anything wrong with it, either, and they had a huge fight in the parking lot and she LEFT HIM THERE!
Who else sees this as reasonable? I "window shop", too, BTW.

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Either her hubby cheats or she has major jealousy issues. If he knows her well enough to know that she is not ok with this then he shouldnt have done/said anything. I get like that at first but def feel its disrespectful to "shop" in front of your wife/so
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I do. It's human nature. I window shop, my husband does... neither of us have any interest beyond looking.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My dh used to do that until a wife of his good friend yelled at him telling him it was disrespectful to me. He still remebers that and has never done it again!
    artisticmom414

Answer by artisticmom414 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Theres a big difference between a little look and a gauk or to keep watching as they walk by. The later is disrespectful.
    artisticmom414

Answer by artisticmom414 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• She WAY over reacted. WOW
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Mine doesn't just window shop, he tries things on for size when he can get it up! It's part of life for some of us
    Anonymous

• Of course all men look at women. But it is disrespectful to their wife or SO if they make it OBVIOUS. I know my husband has looked, but he hides it as much as he possibly can. Always has. I've never said anything to him. He is very respectful of me in that way and I appreciate it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don't care if my boyfriend or spouse (when I have one) looks, so long as he doesn't make a point of letting me know. I look too, but I have enough sense to know that I shouldn't let him know. Just b/c we're together doesn't mean we can't still appreciate an attractive woman/man, but there's also no need to drool over them. But I also believe in making sure that the man I love knows that I love him and why, so that even if he catches me, he won't feel the need to be insecure. And I would hope that he makes me feel secure enough in his love for me that I won't need to be jealous.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I agree I have done it and so had my husband. I also agree that its very disrespectful to do it infront of your spouse, to where its noticeable. BUT I also think that if you shop to much you will be tempted to buy or try on! So its best to close your mind off of other women and men when your in a stable relationship.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I do not care if my DH looks at other women. As long as he is doing it on the sly. Not gawking at other women. Like he is a single man. I do it to but discretely. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009