Has anyone done any Infant First Aid/CPR????

trainsgirl

Asked by trainsgirl at 6:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. My dd was choking and I gave her the infant hymlic that I learned in a babysitting course as a teen. It worked great. I sadly had to use it twice but it worked and I feel so proud that I can handle it if it happened
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have never had to do it but i am first aid and CPR certified, i used to work in day care and they required us to be.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 6:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yep
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• forgot to mention I am too certified. I know that their have been updates also and want to go to get recertified in those
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yea. i was certified but it expired a couple months ago.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am also certified. There aren't any new updates that are really different from what you learned years ago. I have had to use it on my DD, niece and my god daughter. I was glad that I knew how to rescue them from the situations. I am also a medical Assistant so I have to be certified.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am an EMT so I am certified.. Thank God I was on medical leave earlier this year when my department two different calls for CPR on infants.

I have done many first aid on infants as well as emergency medical care on infants and toddlers. Luckily they have always been breathing for me.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 7:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, but I work in the medical field...
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009