Extremely frustrated and not a damned thing I can do about it...(VENT)

I take care of and love my 3 year old step-daughter like she's my own. I don't know any other way. The woman that gave birth to her lost custody and lives in OK. Hubby and I are both AD military and live in VA. The only contact this woman has with my dsd is a phone call every wednesday and friday. Sometimes she'll call, sometimes she doesn't, and it's only for a couple minutes. She just delivered her 5th child (from five different guys, might I add) and doesn't have a job. She calls from a different number every time. I don't like bashing people, but she is seriously garbage and I am extremely protective of my dsd. When we go to OK for the holidays, she's going to have some visitation (no over-night thank goodness because this lady's grandfather is a child molestor!) that is court ordered and my dsd always comes back from there miserable. There is nothing the lawyers or anyone can do about this and I'm stressing. (cont'd)

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 6:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• The only way this person is a mother is because she has given birth. I want so bad for her to be completely out of the picture. It breaks my heart to call my dsd my step-daughter. I want to adopt her so she can have the happiness and stability in her life that she deserves. Thank you for reading this.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Id start the adoption processs now. Get a good lawyer and go from there. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Thank you so much. I just wish lawyers weren't so expensive. I am completely ignorant to the legal system and I don't even know what kind of lawyer to look into getting. I will do my homework though :-) Thanks again!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It's her mother. I know you don't like her, but don't stand in the way of their relationship. Maybe the mom just doesn't have her act together...who does?? Maybe one day she'll snap out of it, and realize what she's been missing out on.
    Anonymous

• Anon, I'm not standing in the way of anything.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009