Have you ever used raspberry leaf tea to start contractions?

How did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• from my experience nothing really works. if labor induction of any kind is to work your cervix has to be "ripe" otherwise it is useless.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Use only under the advice of a doctor or midwife. But yes, my midwife told me I could start drinking the tea a couple of days before my due date (at my last appointment, I was 2 cm dilated). It worked wonders. I drank 3-4 cups of the tea per day (nice and strong, I let it steep about 10 minutes) and 2 days later, I was in labor. Make sure to get your doctor's ok first.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I did! But, sorry, it didn't work...I ended up being induced...and I drank it a lot! lol.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 7:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• drank gallons...

all it really does is help to ripen the cervix

and make sure its RED raspberry leaf tea. not just raspberry tea.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yep and it didn't. took the right kind and everything. it may do something, but something isn't enough. Like everything, most things you can try only work if you were really going to go into labor anyway. seriously, enjoy the time you have kid-free. do something nice for youself because you won't have remotely the same life for the next year or more!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• honey i drank so much of that crap i was going to beocome a berry!! and no it doesnt work!! but it taste really good
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009