my husband is driving me crazy!

i told him i wanted him to quit drinking and now all he does is sulk around. i cant handle it! everytime he smiles at me it is fake. i feel like his drinking is what made him want to marry me because he obviosly isnt happy with me without his stupid beer. he doesnt talk to me, we havnt made love in days. what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Leave! and I know there's going to be some women on here saying, why do ya'll always say to leave? Well look at the facts. the man loves his fucking beer more then his woman. The choice is obvious. Get out, before you get hurt any further. Beside why do you want to be with someone who can't be happy unless they drink? it's stupid.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• try to find something you have in common if you can try to start dating each other again sounds weird but it might work
    Anonymous

• Blah blah blah...the first answer here is why the first time divorce rate is 50% and even worse for second and third unions. He sounds like he needs professional help, and as his wife you should be there to help him. Get him into counseling, AA meetings, anything that he will do to get this resolved. Try and talk to him and open him up about what the underlying issues are. It's not that he loves his beer more than you, although it may seem that way. If he did stop drinking, that is a great start! Now you need to help him deal with the reasons why he feels the need to drink. I know it's tough, my dh was depressed for a long time also and still has occasional issues...but it does get better. Sickness and in health, remember? Go to therapy with him and let him know you want to understand, but he needs to take the steps. If after awhile, he makes no effort...then consider your other options. For now, see what you can do. GL
    Anonymous

• What!?!? That's CRAZY!!! I never drink... I'm 22 now, and since I turned 21 I've probably been to 2 bars! You're husband is an asshole. He needs to go to AA. And you should both go to counseling if you want this marriage to work...:[ I'm sorry, but GOOD FOR YOU for quitting.
    Anonymous

• My husband started drinking and I thought for a while maybe he might have a drinking problem but he only drank in social situations. Now he hasn't had so much as one beer per week for several months now. He used to drink heavy every weekend but things change. I never told him to quit because it being a weekend thing it didn't give me GREAT concern, he just decided to stop on his own.
    Anonymous

• Stopping something you enjoy because someone else tells you to isn't easy not to mention he might hold a grudge about it. I think you are right in asking him to stop if he isn't a responsible drinker but let him have some time. If he drinks a lot then his body is giving him grief over stopping so he'll need that time.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009