I have a 21months old baby & she gets up atleast 2-3time every night.

She sleeps in the same room as me, in her cot.
She has eczema and when she gets up in the night, she ends up waking up completely after scratching herself...
I do not know what to do to help her to sleep through the night!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For my daughter we tried lots of combinations of moisturizers, bathing, etc, and what finally worked for us was to bathe daily with no soap (we used soap once or twice a week only), add baby oil to the water, and then apply Vaseline after bath at night and again while getting her dressed in the morning. This helped moiturize the dry skin. For itching we gave Benadryl before bed - my pediatrician gave me the correct dosage. I asked the ped if we could give it frequently because at one point we were giving it about 5 nights a week and the ped said it was ok. A bonus is that the Benadryl helps with sleeping. We would also put socks over my daughters hands so she couldn't scratch herself, your daughter could probably get socks off her hands at this age but maybe there is something you could use so she can't scratch herself with her fingernails. Good luck- ezema is so hard to deal with!! I hope she outgrows it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• try oatmeals baths, change her diet maybe shes gluten or something intolerant , co sleep. camomile tea good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• In addition to addressing the eczema, is there anyway she can sleep in her own room? It may help.
    Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• When my son can't sleep I make onion tea with surger its easy boil a little bit of onion put it in their cup with the onion and surger to make it sweet and they sleep all night
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 7:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• with my son we had yo use baby lotcion put it all over at night and in the morning and try to olny give a bath every other night kids with eczema cant do a lot of water its bad for there skin good luck
    Anonymous

• Do you ever use steroid creams to treat the eczema? I hated giving my baby steroird creams but for really bad flare ups it was the only thing that gave her relief. I would use it for a few days until the flare up died down and then go as long as I could until the rash got unmanageable and then I would hit it with the streroid cream again. I didn't like using it, but it was the best option for us.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2009