Is anyone other than me a little disturbed by...

the lack of knowledge (about themselves, pregnancy, etc.) some women who post questions here have, considering that they have the internet at their fingertips? It scares me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I saw an episode of Baby Story on TLC where an OB told the mother that he would have to use the vacuum and she had no idea what that even was! I was amazed, as soon as I got pregnant I could not read enough about pregnancy, labor, and delivery. I can't imagine getting to that point and not knowing the basic interventions that doctors use!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm very disturbed by it. Some of them not only don't know what's happening to their bodies, they are completely baffled by their own body parts. "The mucus plug is gonna come out of my whatnow?" *headdesk*
    ErikaRobin

Answer by ErikaRobin at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I agree. I think Id rather google some things then ask someone on here. I get that advice and personal experiences are a great way to go, but def would save some ?'s for the internet. lol I love when woman ask if theyre pregnant! lol Take a test I dont have ESP haha
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yeah but speaking for myself, this is a way to reach out to ppl and share experiences too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It's proof that the biology of sex should not be left to the parents to teach.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I agree that this is a good place to share experiences, or as a sounding board for ideas/thoughts. But the things that baffle me are the ladies asking if they are pregnant (I'm sure that we could all save a ton of money on HPTs if it were that easy to tell). Or the one word descriptions of some form of mucous that demand diagnoses. Don't people know how to google?
    Anonymous

• It is disgusting. I know not every one has an RN for a mother, but COME ON!!! You NEED to know how pregnancy is caused, what it entails and how the baby is born!! THESE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT!!! Be Careful, one time I posted something like this, got my butt chewed then deleted.

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• u know i wont lie if my dr had told me they would have to use a vaccum to deliver i would be confused too some people dont know medical terms from real terms and im not afraid to admit im one of them now im not gonna get on here asking if im preggo im gonna take a test first and have it verified by my dr before i go telling anyone
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009