hot tub while pregnant?

I keep hearing many conflicting opinions as to wether it is safe to be in a hot tub while pregnant or not. Some say it depends on the temp of the water, length of time you stay in, and/or how far along you are. Does anyone know for sure?

beanbag03

Asked by beanbag03 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm pretty sure the guidelines are no greater than 103 degrees and no longer than 15 minutes at that temp. If it's lower you can stay longer. You jsut don't want to raise your core temperature too much, because that harms the baby. CORE temperature, though, so keep that in mind.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Are they just taking away everything you can do while your pregnant now? I'd say go in the hot tub and if it's too hot for you then get out.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• ok... that's what i thought the caution was about. I've heard some doctors say it's fine in moderation and some say never at all. Personally, i think the never at all approach is a bit extreme and sarap i totally agree! I was really disappointed when my doctor said absolutely no wine at all not even a glass. Not that i'm an alchoholic but a glass of wine and a soak in a hot tub is one of life's greatest pleasures. Thanks for the advice
    beanbag03

Answer by beanbag03 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• idk but i always hear it was bad to go into a hottub while pregnant... i wouldnt risk it
    Anonymous

• It's not safe. Even the hot tubs have a warning.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Every woman will tell you it's fine if they did it. lol But the truth is, it's not safe.
    Anonymous

• Hot tubs themselves have warnings on them. They are not safe to use while pregnant, at any hot temperature. The high temperature raises your body temperature which in turn does raise the body temperature of the baby, which is very dangerous. REALLY not a good idea. You should use an alternative form of relaxation.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Beanbag, one of life's greatest pleasures when you are not pregnant. It is not a good idea to risk it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with sweetmoon.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 7:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Don't go in a hot tub. Think of it this way, your baby is in a giant bag of water, when your skin gets hot that bag of water does too. So basically you are putting your unborn baby in a hot tub as well, except he/she can't get out when it is too hot and it takes the amniotic fluid a while to cool down.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009