Can you beleive this?

I was on the bus the other day. There was a man that I saw that goes to a drug outreach program. He was giving this story about how he was a combat war vetran and he lost his house because he couldn't get a job. In actuality he is a drug user. He was talking to this older lady who is the sweetest person that I have met on the bus. She gave this man money!!! The sad thing is that he took it. We have a program here for seniors that gives them boxes of food for their pantry. To keep the esstentials stocked. She went to get her box. I can't beleive how he took advantage of her.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• BOO HOO...KARMA WILL COME A KNOCKIN ONE DAY for that woman and that deceiving man
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yeah, i can believe it- the world will not, he really may be what he says he is- how do you know what the DL? the % if vets on drugs is through the roof!
    bottom line, if he was in the wrong, it'll eventually catch us, just as it'll pay in the long run for being a good person...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I told this story to another friend. He said " That woman acted the way God would have wanted her too. If he was lying it is between him and his God"
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We have a lot of people on the streets around here claiming to be Veterans and needing money. My husband told me they aren't real veterans and I asked how could he tell. He told me that real Veterans are too proud to stand out in the street begging for handouts.
    When I am at a stoplight and a beggar is holding his sign that says he's hungry or needs money, I open my glove box and pull out a granola bar to give him. I keep a box of them in my glove box for that reason. I will not give money, but I will make sure they have something in their belly. Of course, they give me the strangest looks and wonder if I'm the looney bird...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sadly, I can believe it.

Terrible though that she bought his sob story.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• But God bless her! And He certainly will!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2009