is it safe to have a drink of wine while pregnant?!

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Some doctors say it is, but you should ask your own doctor. I do not think it is ok to have any drink while pregnant. Even if the chance of anything happening is slim, why take the chance?

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• 7 out of 10 women admit to having alcohol while pregnant, and 1 of those seven admits to having 7 or more drinks PER WEEK during pregnancy. Only 1 in 12,000 babies are born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

A glass of wine isn't going to hurt anything.

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• no one really knows yet..but id rather be safe THAN SORRY!

Answer by mommy16love at 7:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Better safe than sorry.

• Are you that selfish that you can't wait till the baby is born?

• Why risk it? There are no hard core results to point to that say "sure have that glass of wine and your baby will be fine."

If you are in your 1st trimester, then you shouldn't have any alcohol at all...period.

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well I just had a baby in September and I had a few glasses of wine at the baby is perfectly fine! I too was very skeptical but wanted something to relax me a bit while waiting for him to come.

• If your that selfish you don't need kids.

• Wow, judgemental women. Anyways, it is quite normal for women in Europe to drink red wine with their dinner even while pregnant and their FAS rates are lower than the USA's. As long as it is 1 drink or less, it is red wine and taken with food and done only occasionally, then you and the baby will be fine.

Answer by purpleducky at 8:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2009