What is the most effective potty-training for a pup??

Hi, I'm having a Husky tomorrow, and I'd like to know how to potty-train the Husky or a general puppy effectively.

Please let me know!!!
Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Piddle Pads worked for me.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Crate training : )

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/cratetraining.htm or Google for more info. It's the easiest way to potty train and help with behavioral issues.
    Anonymous

• Crate training is the best way to go. Puppy pads just confuse them. every dog that i have ever worked with that was was trained that way were never fully house broken and would pee on anything left on the floor.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• if you catch him in the act immediately pick him up and put him where you want him to potty (it helps to make a loud sound like a clap too). also take him out every hour or two and say "go potty" (or something simple like that) then praise him when he goes. i had my dog fully potty trained by 3 months and i got him when he was 4weeks. i used a spray to put in the grass too, that the smell makes him want to potty, i used it everytime we went outside to potty.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Crate training and not letting the pup out of your sight if he is out of the crate (some people will leash their puppies to them).
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• crate training didnt work for us,our dog would shit all over herself and i found myself giving her baths everyday. let them out every 2 to 3 hours and if they go in the house rub there nose in it and take them outside RIGHT after they go even if they are in midstream(still peeing).pads didnt work either she just chewed them up
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2009