Do you make your own....

BIRTHDAY CAKES? or do you order them and if so what would you spend for a 1st birthday cake with fondant decorations and butter cream icing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make them myself when they want a homemade cake and if they want a ice cream cake I buy it. FOr a 1st birthday I spent $30 on the cake and it was boots from Dora. I would never spend more than $50 on a cake for a 1 year old .

baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 7:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Our boys pick their own, and then I make them. It's usually 2 nine inch round chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Then they choose what color they want it to be decorated with. It's not fancy but it's really good!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I make them. The kids like yellow cake with chocolate chips and chocolate buttercream frosting. I also clean off a quarter and before frosting the cake hide the quarter in it. The one who gets the quarter is lucky.

Answer by Bmat at 7:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I let my boys pick their own most the time. I have made them, a time or two, if we weren't having people over. For the first birthday, we got a seperate one person cake just for them so they could destroy it. LOL.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I make my own, the kids like to help pick out their cake, sometimes as simple as a round cake with a few new action figures on top to a character shape cake. My youngest just had a Mickey Mouse cake for his birthday.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 7:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My son turned 1 this last may, I made him a special small monkey cake, and i bought a larger one for the guest at the party. His little cake was easy to make. I spent about 18.99 on the cake I bought from costco.There are some really easy fun birthday cake idea's at familyfun.com
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 7:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I make them myself and I dont do super fancy. I see no need to. I try to do something cute but not over the top.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ok Im one of those artsy fartsy ppl and Im oozing with creativity.... but Im forgetful, so hey, cant have it all. I make my own cakes and with fondant too.

I did check on a Barbie Bday cake one year at Kroger because my dd begged for it and it was like $40! Luckily, they were out of "kits" and I did it myself. She loved it. Score one for mommy!

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I make my own...box of Duncan Hines and some frosting and you get a cake for $4. Or, if I feel like it, I make zucchini cupcakes from scratch along with homemade cream cheese frosting (my favorite combo).

We did buy store made cupcakes for my dd's 7th birthday on Sunday because we had been out all day and I wasn't feeling well. There were only 6 cupcakes and 4 kids...there's actually still one left.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Costco, 20 bucks. Homemade cakes are NOT special and not even that good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2009