What do you use for birth control???

I'm thinking of retiring the pill. I hate it. I can't find a pill that works well for me and I feel moody all the time. I would like to hear your recommendations!

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 7:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Merina IUD.
    Anonymous

• I use the Nuva Ring.
    It's my favorite of all the methods I've used.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 7:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm on the Pill too and also have mood swings. But I hate barrier methods; they are messy and ineffective in my experience. I thought about going on the IUD but then I read that many IUDS ( incl. Mirena ) have been known to cause benign cysts. Even if they are benign, I'd rather not have cysts. You might want to think about the depo shot.
    Anonymous

• I had the Nuva ring too, and i loved it, my only complaint was that sometimes it would slip out during sex, but i thought that could be me not placing it right....i plan to get that back.....i had the mirena and hated it so much i removed it myself!!!! my mom is on the shot now and hasnt stopped bleeding all month.....they have a new implanion thing if your okay with getting something placed in your arm, its effective for 3 years....idk..kinda depends on what your willing to work with!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Hubby had a vasectomy so I wouldn't have to take anything. We have 3 boys so we are very blessed!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i use the mirena IUD and i love it. when i was on the pill i got horrible headaches and i forgot to take it sometimes. with the IUD i have not really noticed any mood changes ( i have had it for 8 months now) and my period has pretty much stopped which is nice because i had awful awful cramps. there can be alot of neg. effects from the IUD but then again everything has side effects.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have Implanon (its next generation norplant) and I really like it. :) It lasts 3 years.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. I like it, and have been on bc pills since age 22. 17 years ago, me and DH were ttc our son, but found after 5 years of trying, I was dealing with a hormone imbalance. I went back on the pills and about a year later, I got pregnant. I've been on the tri-cyclen lo since he was born, that was almost 12 years ago. Good luck finding something you like and trust.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Seasonique- It is the 3-month birthcontrol packs. Only get periods quarterly.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2009