extremely sleepy while pregnant (20 weeks) is it normal?

i am soooooo sleepy. I have two kids and one on the way. with both pregnancies yes i been sleepy and tired but this was like later in the pregnancy. i been dizzy sometimes too. i did call my midwife and she said to take Cranberry tablets and if i cant find those to take cranberry juice unsweetened. I been having BH and they been painful so she said take that. i also could have a bladder infection that i might not even notice. is it even normal to be so dizzy and sleepy? i have to take my kids to school by walking down the street and i just dont have the energy. My husband works 30mins away at the army base so he cant do it plus the kids only go for 2 1/2 hrs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was sleepy the whole time with dd, so I would guess it is normal. First, second, and third trimester for me! If you have no other symptoms, I wouldn't be too worried. BH are also normal beginning as early as the second trimester, although you prolly already knew that!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If it goes on for a while, I would talk to a doctor. maybe you're anemic. I get really tired when I am. It also explains the dizziness. are you taking prenatals? while they do have iron, they don't always have enough (because it can upset a mom's stomach). you should get your levels tested. I've only heard of taking cranberry juice for bladder infections so not sure what that was about but I guess she knows more than me!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have been extremely tired this pregnancy (#4) and my midwife suggested Slow FE (slow release Iron supplements) You can get them at cvs, walmart etc. She told me the baby is taking more and more iron these days and to try that.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• wow thanks ladies, totally forgot about iron and maybe being anemic. i remember now when i was pregnant with my first daughter that the doctor told me i was low in iron so he prescribed me pills for iron and i also had them with my second daughter too. But my midwife does not work at a ob office, and does not have her own practice. she only comes down once a week from her house to mine and she cant test on blood. i only went to two appts at my old ob office (she was a midwife cnm) and i am no longer able to attend there if i have another ob or midwife. they kick u out!
    Anonymous