Has anyone seen the woman who got attacked by the chimp?

She revealed her face on Oprah. Oh that poor poor woman.

katskelington

Asked by katskelington at 7:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I wish I didn't look. Enough said. Never trust an animal.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I know them. The chimp's owner and Charla and the paramedics who responded :(
    Anonymous

• I was really shocked when I saw the condition of her face! I had read accounts of the attack, but never imagined how horrific her injuries really were.

I don't watch Oprah, but did htey say if she is planning on having reconstructive surgery--or is it too early? I know that AMAZING reconstructive things can be done these days, I guess that was why I was so surprised.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• A tragedy. I would never own a chimp!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• As a critical care nurse, I can't tell you how many times, I want to SCREAM at people who complain and whine over NOTHING! My heart breaks for Charla and her family. This is a tragic story for all involved. May we all take a moment and pray for Charla Nash and send her a message.
    http://nashtrust.com
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• LoriKeet-
    I was watching and starting dinner at the same time, so I may have missed a few things.... She said that she hopes to receive a face and hand transplant some day. She also said that it all had to come from one donor. And I guess she can't be put on a donor list for just new eyes because she has no hands?
    I hope she gets everything soon. She seems like a nice lady, and her life will be very limiting without them.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• her life will be very limiting without them.

I disagree, she has made and will continue to make more out of life than most on Cafemom!
    Anonymous

• I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone and my heart goes out to Charla however I have to say that I am disgusted with Oprah for doing this shock value publicity stunt. It wasn't necessary in the least and I don't believe the "Big O" gives a rip about this woman but only cares that she gets high ratings and obviously will stop at nothing to get what she wants.

Sorry if I've upset anyone but that's just my opinion....
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• To Anon. - She said she is afraid for her future, and that she has always been independent and now she is afraid to be alone. I think that her life will be limiting. It seems like you're just using it as an excuse to insult some moms on CafeMom. (...and I understand that to an extent. I am hardly in any groups anymore because I can't take the drama.)

To Kristen21- I agree. I don't usually watch Oprah. I saw that one and part of today's show after not seeing one for a few years. It didn't seem to be of the same quality I remember tuning into see before. I have never been a regular viewer though.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well, she is certainly better off than the chimp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2009